Friends Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) seeks
qualified applicants for an Education Director position.
Status: Part-time, 10–15 hours per week.
Schedule: Flexible combination of weekday hours, with some Sunday hours required.
Compensation: Compensation appropriate to experience and skills will be negotiated.
Benefits: Two weeks’ paid vacation per year, subject to an initial probationary period.
Job Summary: The Education Director is responsible for developing a religious education program that
teaches and nurtures Quaker faith and values in the Meeting, with
particular attention to young people’s development. The Director works
closely with the Meeting’s Education Committee and Pastoral Minister.
The position requires strong organizational and supervisory skills, and
ability; ability to maintain appropriate
confidentiality; and competency with electronic communications. Personal
Quaker faith, or significant knowledge of and experience with Quaker
faith and practice, is also very important for this position.
- Program and coordinate the Meeting’s educational offerings for children and adults
- Recruit, train and support/supervise:
◦ Sunday School instructors for children;
◦ Childcare providers for worship time & special events (weddings, memorial services, etc.);
◦ Quaker Kids teacher for Monthly Meeting Sundays.
- Teach Sunday School course(s) when interested or needed
- Work with the Education Committee to develop Meeting-wide intergenerational programming
- Inspire and cultivate an education volunteer pool, hiring others for programming as needed and
- Invest in relationships with parents, children and teachers, building support for children's active
presence in the meeting
- Plan and implement special programs (Advent/Christmas, Young People's Sunday, etc.)
- Work with Richmond Young Friends Committee to oversee middle-school and high-school-age
youth groups for broader local Friends community
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and contact information for
three references to email@example.com. Position open until